Meet Dr. Arkady Kagan in Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Washington University in St. Louis
- M.D., Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Medical Internship at UCLA Medical Center
- Ophthalmic Surgical Residency, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Corneal Refractive Surgery Fellowship, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Board Certified American Board of Ophthalmology 1996, 2006, 2017
- Former Clinical Chief of Ophthalmology Cedars Sinai Medical Center (2000-2006)
- Selected Top Ophthalmologist 2017 by International Association of Ophthalmologists
- Voted America’s Top Ophthalmologist 2004-2005 (vitals.com)
- Voted Top 10 Ophthalmologist Specialists 2014 (vitals.com)
- Member American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member California Society of Cosmetic Surgeons
Dr. Kagan comes from two generations of physicians. His grandfather was a professor of medicine and his mother is a practicing psychiatrist in Los Angeles. Even though Dr. Kagan always knew he wanted to pursue medicine and surgery as a career, he was torn between professional athletics vs. medicine. After much consideration Dr. Kagan chose to enroll into one of the top pre medical programs in the country. After graduating with high honors from Washington University in St. Louis, he was accepted and graduated from The Ohio State University school of Medicine. Then he completed a one-year internship in general medicine at UCLA. After completing his internship Dr. Kagan returned to Ohio State to complete a three-year ophthalmology residency. After completing his residency Dr. Kagan took extra subspecialty training in corneal and refractive surgery as well as ophthalmic plastic and aesthetic surgery.
Dr. Kagan is one of just a few surgeons in the entire US who is board certified ophthalmologist and a fellowship trained corneal and refractive surgeon, a fellowship trained oculoplastic and reconstructive surgeon as well as a facial plastic and aesthetic surgeon. When you consult with Dr. Kagan you are getting the most comprehensive consultation possible. Since 1996 Dr. Kagan has performed over 10,000 successful vision correction (LASIK), ophthalmic, oculoplastic, and facial aesthetic surgical procedures.
His expertise and innovative approach have earned him worldwide recognition among his peers and patients. In fact just in the last year patients have traveled from as far as Austria, South America, Russia, Australia, New York, Las Vegas, and San Francisco to have him operate on their eyes and their face. Dr. Kagan has had the privilege of treating many of his physician colleagues. He also enjoys teaching and training other physicians on the latest surgical techniques. In 2005 Dr. Kagan was chosen as one of the Top Ophthalmologist in the USA by The American Consumer Council an independent consumer group. In 2011 Dr. Kagan was awarded The Patient’s Choice Award by Vitals.com for his excellence in customer service for his patients. This honor is given only to 1% of all physicians in the United States.
Being an avid athlete, Dr. Kagan enjoys a variety of activities including biking, basketball, rollerblading, skiing, windsurfing, kite surfing, tennis, snow skiing, scuba diving, ballroom dancing, hiking the canyons with his dog (Airedale Terrier) and most of all spending time with his family and close friends.