Meet Dr. Arkady Kagan in Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Washington University in St. Louis
- M.D., Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Medical Internship at UCLA Medical Center
- Ophthalmic Surgical Residency, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Corneal Refractive Surgery Fellowship, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Board Certified American Board of Ophthalmology 1996, 2006, 2017
- Former Clinical Chief of Ophthalmology Cedars Sinai Medical Center (2000-2006)
- Selected Top Ophthalmologist 2017 by International Association of Ophthalmologists
- Voted America’s Top Ophthalmologist 2004-2005 (vitals.com)
- Voted Top 10 Ophthalmologist Specialists 2014 (vitals.com)
- Member American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member California Society of Cosmetic Surgeons
Dr. Kagan comes from three generation of physicians in his family. Since the age of ten he knew that he wanted to be a physician and surgeon. After finishing Washington University in St. Louis with highest honors he completed medical school at Ohio State College of Medicine. Then after completing his internship at UCLA he returned back to Ohio State to finish his training in ophthalmology and surgery. Dr. Kagan continued his training and education at Ohio State by completing a corneal and refractive surgery fellowship as well as an oculoplastic and facial aesthetic fellowship.
Based on Dr. Kagan’s unique training and expertise he is one of just a hand-full of surgeons in the entire United States who is a board certified ophthalmologist and double fellowship trained in corneal and refractive surgery along with oculoplastic and facial aesthetic surgery. Since 1996 Dr. Kagan has performed over 25,000 successful procedures.
Dr. Kagan also enjoys teaching and training other physicians in the latest surgical techniques. In 2005, Dr. Kagan was chosen as one of the top physicians and surgeons in the USA by The American Consumer Council an independent consumer group.
Being an avid athlete Dr. Kagan enjoys biking, basketball, soccer, skiing, tennis, windsurfing, kitesurfing, scuba diving, dancing, hiking with his dog (Airedale Terrier) as well as spending as much time as possible with his family.